Michael Schneider, conductor & flutist
Since 45 years Michael Schneider is considered as one of the most versatile musicians in the field of historical performance practice:
- Member of the chamber music group CAMERATA KÖLN as recroder and traverso player
- Conductor and artistic leader of his own orchestra with period-instruments LA STAGIONE FRANKFURT
- Guest conductor of „modern“ symphonic orchestras and other baroque -orchestras
- Professor at the UdK Berlin and the “ Hochschule f. Musik und Dstd. Kunst Frankfurt/M
- Teacher at masterclasses in many countries of Europe, America and Asia for Flute and Peformance Practice .
- Author of specific articles and reviews about topics concerning Early Music and espcially flute-playing and flute-repertoire and as Co-Editor of the woodwind-magazine “tibia” until 2020 (Moeck-Verlag).
The following pages invite you to get more information about him and his activities.